Monday, August 10, 2009

End of Summer 2009 - Seattle (Day 4)



Can I just tell you how much I love this area? It's just so beautiful!!! We drove to Jenni's house today which is close to Fall City, which is about 30 min SE of Seattle. Out in the woodsy area, out a long way among the tall trees, the green forest, the beautiful. If I move to Seattle, this area... Issaquah, Fall City, Redmond, Bellevue, etc... this is where I will live.

To start from the beginning though, we slept in this morning. We didn't have to be to Jenni's until noon, so we woke up around 9am, watched TV, ordered room service breakfast, watched A.I. with Jude Law and Halley Joel Osment. It's a sad movie and it made Brandon cry. We enjoyed a lazy morning and leisurely drive through beautiful beautiful beautiful landscape on our way to Jenni's. Did I mention it was beautiful?

Arrival!!! Ah, so happy to be here. Jenni's place is really nice and it's in a very quiet, forested area that was... you guessed it... beautiful. We visited, laughed, shared stories, ate delicious grilled cheese sandwiches and soup, played piano, gave a composing lesson to a nearby neighbor, took a drive up to Snoqualamie Falls, toured around the Snoqualamie Falls Lodge, ate delicious pizza, watched a concert, and just hung out. It was good good times and I'm excited for more of it this week.

Snoqualamie Falls was beautiful and the lodge was very nice. Jenni and I both agreed that the lodge, with it's beautiful restaurant views of the waterfall, delicious menu, superior hotel service, relaxing spa services... would all make for an incredibly romantic evening with a loved one (hint hint men!!!) LOL :)

Tomorrow... Joe's house for some piano playing, visiting, laughing, and good times. Stay tuned!

PS - Brandon is passing on writing tonight, he said "Nothing is on my mind". He said he is sorry, but his mind is not working.


3 comments:

The High Family said...

Where are the pics of you and Jenni?!! I can't wait to get out there someday to visit...it DOES sound absolutely beautiful!!

Glad you both are having a blast so far!

Sedge said...

Can I just say that it is BEAUTIFUL there....sounds like a great trip so far. Brandon, I know how you feel! J

Jenni said...

Brandon, your mind isn't working? Impossible! LOL