
We slept in today until 10:45am! I heard Joe leave this morning for work, and I remember thinking "I should get up", but that didn't happen... at least not for another two and a half hours. Wow - we must have been tired!!!
After getting ready, playing Joe's piano for a little bit, and getting our car repacked to accommodate two cases of newly acquired wine, we drove to Les Schwab to get our tires in the car assessed because the tire gauge light came on. The nice guy added 8 pounds to both front tires and 4 pounds to the back tires... I know nothing of tires, but those figures seem high? I guess my tires needed some air :)
On the road with happy full tires, we drove to Jenni's to hang out for the day. I searched for something "fast-foody" for breakfast/lunch, but apparently Seattle is running low on fast food establishments because we didn't see a single one on our entire trip from Joe's to Jenni's... a hearty 45 minute drive. We did see several Whole Foods stores though, I have to give Seattle credit for being healthy and knowing good taste in stores :) No worries though, Will made me a delicious cheese sandwich when we arrived... thanks Will!!! Brandon didn't eat anything because he kindly informed me that he finished off Joe's box of cereal before we left... sorry Joe!!!
Jenni, Brandon and I hopped in the car for a trip to downtown Seattle to check out the Space Needle, Monorail, EMP and Science Fiction Museum. It rained on us pretty heavily today, and prices to go to the top of the Space Needle were outrageous... $16 per person. Brandon didn't care about going to the top, and I didn't care for spending that much to take him there, so we opted to ride the Monorail instead. Unfortunately though, they only take cash, which we had none of, so our third choice was to see EMP (Experience Music Project) and the Science Fiction Museum. At the not-so-cheap price of $15 per person to see this place, we were VERY disappointed to say the least. As musicians, Jenni & I were expecting to be totally into this place... see some new and cool things we hadn't seen before, play with some instruments, learn some exciting facts... but no, this place was boring, dull, lame, a complete waste of time. Even Brandon hated it. He even said "here's a place I'll never be sad not to see again". We were wishing we would have spent the money on the Space Needle after all. Oh well, lesson learned... and we'll be glad not to have to ever go back there again. Not recommended at all. Oh, and the Science Fiction Museum... was merely a room with some TV and Movie memorabilia in it... not really a museum per se, more like an oddly placed exhibit inside a giant ugly building full of nothing fun to do. Wow - I really sound like a naysayer, but trust me... and Jenni & Brandon can vouch... it really was a waste of time and money.
No worries though, we still had fun laughing. We walked afterward to a cool fountain, and then Jenni drove us to Queen Anne Hill so that we could see some amazing views of the city. Amazing was an understatement and my only disappointment was that I couldn't take pictures in the pouring rain of said amazing views. Perhaps another run through later this trip when the sun is out is in order... :)
We decided to head back home since there wasn't much else to do in the rain, and realized on our way we'd be making our way across town in rush hour traffic. A good hour or more on the road finally put us home, with a detour to see where Bill Gates lives. That's a nice area of town too. Seattle has some pretty swanky areas. We stopped at the Red Box kiosk and rented Confessions of a Shopaholic and Inkheart to watch later in the evening. Jenni made the most delicious homemade tacos for dinner, which I gladly devoured because they were so tasty. Even Brandon ate two of them! Afterward, the boys played original Nintendo games in the "boys room" while the girls watched Confessions in the "girls room" and ate cookie dough ice cream... yummy!!!
Tomorrow, we wake early to drive to Camano Island to visit Jenni's parents and see the beach there. Goodnight :)
Brandon here:
Hello!! Ok, so today we started off great by waking up at 10:45 am at Joe's house and we got all ready to go to Jenni's house. We packed up the car and set out. Then we arrived at Jennie's house and I played Kings Quest. Then we went downtown to the Space Needle and we walked to the Space Needle and as we walked we passed a cool little carnival with rollercoasters and merry go rounds, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Then we arrived at the Space Needle that towered trillions and gazillions of feet over us(which would actually be in space but I have my super imagination cap on so...) I wanted to go to the top but the line was super long and the tickets were $15 dollars for adults and $9 dollars for kids each. (CURSE YOU LONG LINES AND THE ECONOMY!!!) Then we went over to the Monorail to have a ride but the cashiers only took cash!!! (rip off artists!) so we ended up going to the best museum ever made. (sarcasm!) Then we went home to Jenni's house. Then we ate a super delicious dinner that Jenni made and then Will and I played Nintendo while my mom and Jenni watched a movie. Now my mom is making me go to bed but I'm not even tired.






No comments:
Post a Comment