Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cancun - Day 6 - Food Poisoning, Take 2

Greetings from the Food Poisoning room of happy stomach cramp joy and nausea wonder. :)

Yes, I am still sick, but things were better today than they were yesterday, although not as good as I would have liked. It was a rough night and poor Stanley had to endure my night time madness - I have the greatest husband in the world! After sleeping in this morning I enjoyed a couple pieces of toast and some fruit, then took a hot bath followed by a cold shower. Afterward I was feeling a little bit better and my nausea had almost gone away. So I spent the morning reading and resting while Stanley went to the gym and after he got back we both walked down to the pool to enjoy the sunshine and the cool water. A couple hours later my stomach started cramping again so I came back to the room for a rest and Stanley took a walk around the resort. When he got back to the room, we walked down to the Manglar restaurant to try eating some dinner. I had some rice and some of the milder pastas, but it didnt sit well and now we're back in the room watching the Simpsons while taking it easy.

We were supposed to go on the Xcaret tour today, but Stanley walked down this morning while I slept and requested a reschedule for Sunday, which they were happy to do. So, tomorrow we've got nothing planned which will be nice for another day of rest. I am going to go have a hot stone massage at the spa here and Stanley is going to venture to downtown Cancun to check out the authentic local life. I would go, but I think I will be happier in the close proximity of a toilet in the comfort of the room :)

Saturday we'll attempt to go to Tulum/Xel-Ha again and then Sunday we'll try again for Xcaret. Let's hope that this food poisoning crap is gone by then!!!

Oh, and we did take some pictures today - of a huge iguana that was sitting by the sidewalk on our way to the pool, but because the rooms are so cold here (almost freezing with the AC - we spend most of our time in the room under the blankets) and it's so hot and humid outside, when you bring the camera out from the room, it instantly condenses up and makes all the pictures foggy. So, all of Stanley's great pictures of the iguana showed up as a blurry, foggy mess of green on the screen because we didnt have time to wait for the condensation to wear off before the iguana ran away. Aw-Man!!!

Hopefully we'll get some more pics of him - he's really cool. It's the same one that I walked past a few days ago that I told you about, his den is in the same spot there and we've seen him a couple of times now. So I'm sure we'll have another chance to take a picture, especially if we prepare the cameras before hand - maybe with the super lens so we can get some great up close shots :)

At the very least - we'll get to see some cool wildlife at Xcaret on Sunday. Oh - and the other night we saw some weird possum kind of animal - looked like a large rat that was walking around. We would have taken pictures of that as well, but the camera would have condensed and it would have been gone before we could have taken a picture. We tried to look up on the internet what kind of rodent it was, but couldnt find anything. It was pretty crazy looking though... like a body of a large chihuahua, tail of a rat, and nose of an anteater.

Anyway, stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rodent sounds like the song from Pete's Dragon . . . "He has the head of a camel, the neck of a crocodile" :-) You (Michele) are on day two now and I am confidant you will feel better by tomorrow, just cross your fingers. I still need to experience a hot stone massage, I am jealous this is your second one. Things at the house are still good. Lexie tries to kill me by being under foot every second I am there and Darcy is starting to want loves now. They both are desperately missing you guys, as am I.
Take care, E-Liz

Anonymous said...

Day three - morning is so far so good. I am feeling a lot better although I still have the runs. But I feel totally normal except for that. Stanley is having some issues though :( He's a much stronger trooper than I am though and doesnt let sickness affect him as much. I wish I had that super power :)

The kitties - I miss them! They'll be very needy when we get home. Have they been good? Have they been getting on the piano? Only 4 more days to go and we can hang out! Lets get some Thai food when I get home - that sounds yummy. Assuming my system is back to normal by then... :)

Love you!
Michele